In this video, we first cover in depth the bugs commonly encountered in most item sorter designs. Then, we begin the tutorial of how to create a bug-free automatic item sorter, including overflow protection and handling. We also include a custom implementation of the Flying Badger Item Elevator!
This episode of Survival Friendly Redstone is bug free, as always!
Originally designed in Minecraft (Java Edition) 1.8 release.
Confirmed to work in Minecraft (Java Edition) 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11, 1.12, 1.13, 1.14, and 1.15.
- 0:00 Introduction
- 2:12 Explanation of Common Item Sorter Bugs
- 14:12 Tutorial Begins
- 15:42 Highlight: Circuits with Overflow Handling
- 28:46 Highlight: Item Elevator, “The Flying Badger”
- 33:53 Links
Please try the download above if you are having any difficulty getting it built, and you can examine it in detail to see how to build it.
If you are having trouble getting it to work, please first review the tutorial of how to build it starting at 14:12. Common fixes include:
- having the correct number of rows of hoppers
- fixing the direction hoppers are pointing
- adding a missing redstone dust or redstone torch
- placing enough of the desired item or the filler item into the correct hopper.
Music: “Four Elements” by McKathlin.
Hope you enjoy automatically sorting your mega-stash of items!