Follower Control Plugin v1.2 for RPG Maker MZ
Hey RPG Makers!
This update provides some bug fixes to the Follower Control Plugin for RPG Maker MZ, which was released just two days after RPG Maker MZ launched!
As previously, you can use this plugin to change the number of party members! You can also use the party’s followers as the targets for event commands such as Set Move Route, Show Balloon Icon, Show Animation, Transfer Player, Conditional Branch, and more!
Bugs that have been squished in this update:
- Now, instead of resetting the current follower to $gamePlayer when a Game_Interpreter closes, the current follower will be remembered. This increasing compatibility with other plugins, such as the Tile Control Plugin for MZ. (Note that the current follower is still reset if the player is transferred to a different map.)
- When the game first starts, if no follower has been selected, yet, it used to be possible for the Game_Interpreter.character() function to return null when trying to transfer or perform another action on the Player. Now, it will return $gamePlayer, as would be expected.
Download Follower Control Plugin MZ
How to Install
- Download the file, and unzip it.
- Make sure the unzipped file is named Tyruswoo_FollowerControl.js and is saved as a .js file.
- Open the file folder of your project. Place the file in your project’s “js” folder, within the “plugins” folder.
- Open your project in RPG Maker MZ, then go to the Tools menu and select Plugin Manager. Use the Plugin Manager to add and activate the plugin.
- I recommend you place this plugin toward the bottom of your plugin list, so it has high priority.
I hope you enjoy the Follower Control Plugin for MZ! Remember, only you can build your dreams!