Follower Control Plugin v1.3 for RPG Maker MZ
Hey RPG Makers!
This update upgrades the Follower Control plugin so that it avoids another bug! Also, the plugin will now be more compatible with current and future RPG Maker MZ plugins by the Tyruswoo Team!
A bug is fixed in this update! Now, if a follower is selected, and the follower does not exist, the leader is no longer selected; instead, the non-existent follower is selected. Therefore, eventing intended for a follower that is not present will have no effect, instead of affecting the party leader.
This makes it easy to create common events that affect follower movements only when those followers are present, without unintended consequences.
Follower Control v1.3 is designed to be compatible with these plugins:
- Tyruswoo Tile Control Plugin v1.1 for RPG Maker MZ
- Tyruswoo Camera Control Plugin v1.0 for RPG Maker MZ
A method, Tyruswoo.FollowerControl.follower(), was added, which will result in improved compatibility going forward. Plugins can check if the Follower Control plugin has been imported, and if it has, the new method can be called. This makes it unlikely that other plugins will need to be updated for small changes in the Follower Control plugin, even if the other plugins utilize the Follower Control plugin.
Download Follower Control Plugin MZ
How to Install
- Download the file, and unzip it.
- Make sure the unzipped file is named Tyruswoo_FollowerControl.js and is saved as a .js file.
- Open the file folder of your project. Place the file in your project’s “js” folder, within the “plugins” folder.
- Open your project in RPG Maker MZ, then go to the Tools menu and select Plugin Manager. Use the Plugin Manager to add and activate the plugin.
- I recommend you place this plugin toward the bottom of your plugin list, so it has high priority.