Greeting RPG Makers!
I’m pleased to present the Message Control plugin by McKathlin, for RPG Maker MZ! This plugin allows you to make adjustments to the messages in Show Text commands! This includes:
- Use word wrap in Show Text dialogue boxes. Word wrap can be easily turned on and off, which is great for spoony bards that spout poetry!
- Adjust the height of text by a set number of pixels.
- Adjust where text sits on the line by a set number of pixels.
Download Message Control Plugin MZ
How to Install
- Download the file, and unzip it.
- Make sure the unzipped file is named McKathlin_MessageControl.js and is saved as a .js file.
- Open the file folder of your project. Place the file in your project’s “js” folder, within the “plugins” folder.
- Open your project in RPG Maker MZ, then go to the Tools menu and select Plugin Manager. Use the Plugin Manager to add and activate the plugin.
- I recommend you place this plugin toward the bottom of your plugin list, so it has high priority.
In Plugin Setting you can adjust whether Word Wrap is defaulted as on or off. You can also adjust line height with Line Height Adjust and where the text sits on t the line with Text Y Adjust.
An example of a simple event with word wrap. Take a gander at the next two pictures to see how it works out.
Normally the text in the red box in the previous picture would be cut off after the faded line. Since word wrap is on in the plugin setting, this is not an issue.
Poetry is better without word wrap. You can disable word wrap just for certain text by using the plugin command. These commands are shown in the orange boxes two pictures ago.
Website Editor and Lead Playtester for the Tyruswoo Team. Fan of Japanese language, culture, food, and RPGs!