Hey RPG Makers!
The Camera Control plugin has finally arrived! This plugin is a step up from the Camera Control plugin for MV!
Download Camera Control Plugin MZ
How to Install
- Download the file, and unzip it.
- Make sure the unzipped file is named Tyruswoo_CameraControl.js and is saved as a .js file.
- Open the file folder of your project. Place the file in your project’s “js” folder, within the “plugins” folder.
- Open your project in RPG Maker MZ, then go to the Tools menu and select Plugin Manager. Use the Plugin Manager to add and activate the plugin.
- I recommend you place this plugin toward the bottom of your plugin list, so it has high priority.
Watch Any Party Member!
The following plugin commands allow you to have the camera watch the party leader or any party follower!
- Watch Leader
- Watch Player
- Watch Follower 1
- Watch Follower 2
- Watch Follower 3
- Watch Follower 4
- Watch Follower 5
- Watch Follower 6
- Watch Follower 7
- Watch Follower 8
- Watch Follower 9
The Watch Player plugin command integrates with the Follower Control plugin for RPG Maker MZ, so you can watch the currently selected follower!
Watch Any Event on the Map!
The camera can also watch any event, using the Watch Event plugin command!
- Watch Event
You can provide an Event ID to watch a specific event. Or leave the Event ID blank (or use Event ID 0) to watch whichever event is running the plugin command!
Watch a Location on the Map!
Want the camera to stay still? Make the camera watch the map!
- Watch Map at Current View
- Watch Map at Coordinates
Having the camera Watch Map at Current View causes the camera to stop watching whatever it was watching (usually the party leader). This can be very useful for cutscenes in which moving the party leader is desirable, but having the camera follow the party leader is not desirable.
If you want the camera to lock on certain coordinates where it is not currently located, you can use the Watch Map at Coordinates plugin command.
Plugin commands for Camera Control include Watch Leader, Watch Player, Watch Follower (by marching order), Watch Event (by event ID), and Watch Map (at current view, or at specified coordinates). Note that the Watch Player plugin command integrates with Follower Control.