Switchable Text for RPG Maker MZ
Allows a text snippet to vary based on a switch, variable, or party attribute!
Perfect for making your game’s dialogue respond intelligently to the player’s decisions!
If you have already purchased access, please Log in for access to the downloads below.
If you have not yet joined, please join one of the following memberships to gain access to the plugin.
Access to this Plugin Only
Immediate access to this plugin, with lifetime updates! Note: Updates of this plugin made for other versions of RPG Maker are not included.
All Plugins Yearly Access
This membership gives you access to all our RPG Maker plugins and updates for a whole year! This includes one year of access to all our plugins for MZ and MV!
All Plugins Lifetime Access
This membership gives you lifetime access to all our RPG Maker plugins and updates! This includes lifetime access to every RPG Maker plugin we create in the future, including future titles in the RPG Maker series!
All download links are included. It is recommended to select the most recent version, found at the top of the list, as it includes all previous updates, as well.
Switchable Text v2.0 for RPG Maker MZ
Aug. 8, 2022, by McKathlin
- New Feature: Can coordinate with Tyruswoo_EventAI to check a self switch or self variable of any other event anywhere.
- New Feature: \P[n.attribute] or \N[n.attribute] can insert an actor’s class, nickname, level, or any notetag value.
- New Feature: New text processing utility codes \an, \UP, and \LOW.
- Bugfix: In previous versions, a Name Box Window whose switchable text resolved to empty would still show up on screen. Now, an empty name box window always hides.
Switchable Text v1.3 for RPG Maker MZ
July 22, 2022, by McKathlin
- Compatibility: This version of Switchable Text is fully compatible with the upcoming plugin Tyruswoo_BigChoiceLists.js, regardless of their relative order on the plugin list.
Switchable Text v1.2 for RPG Maker MZ
Sept. 17, 2020, by McKathlin
- New Feature: Use OPS to switch text based on party size!
- New Feature: Use OPL to switch text based on party leader attributes!
- New Feature: Use OPM to switch text based on any party member’s attributes!
- New Feature: Use PartySize to get the number of the party’s size!
- New Feature: Use NumWord to change a number to the spelled out word! (Numbers greater than 10 are left as numerals.)
- New Feature: Use Ordinal to make the ordinal of a number. For example: 1 becomes 1st, 2 becomes 2nd, 3 becomes 3rd, etc.
- New Feature: Use OrdinalWord to makes the spelled-out ordinal. For example: first, second, third, etc. (Numbers greater than 10 are numerals with a suffix.)
Switchable Text v1.1 for RPG Maker MZ
Sept. 13, 2020, by McKathlin
- New Feature: Switchable text snippets can now be nested!
- New Feature: Variables can now be compared to other variables!
Switchable Text v1.0 for RPG Maker MZ
Sept. 3, 2020, by McKathlin
- Original Release: Switchable Text plugin released for RPG Maker MZ!
Below are the latest blog posts for the Switchable Text plugin for RPG Maker MZ! See all blog posts for this plugin!
Hey RPG Makers! McKathlin has added several great new features to her Switchable Text plugin for RPG Maker MZ! Use OPS to switch text based on party size!Use OPL to switch text based on party leader attributes!Use OPM to switch…
Hey RPG Makers! McKathlin has updated her Switchable Text plugin with two new features: Switchable text snippets can now be nested! Variables can now be compared to other variables! Download Switchable Text Plugin MZ Visit Store to Download How to…
Hey RPG Makers! This Switchable Text plugin by McKathlin allows you to change text dynamically depending on switches, self switches, and variables! Download Switchable Text Plugin MZ Visit Store to Download How to Install Download the file, and unzip it.…