Follower Control for RPG Maker MV
Provides greater control of party follower movement!
Allows event commands targeting the “player” to affect any follower of your choosing!
Plus, unlimited followers!
If you have already purchased access, please Log in for access to the downloads below.
If you have not yet joined, please join one of the following memberships to gain access to the plugin.
Access to this Plugin Only
Immediate access to this plugin, with lifetime updates! Note: Updates of this plugin made for other versions of RPG Maker are not included.
All Plugins Yearly Access
This membership gives you access to all our RPG Maker plugins and updates for a whole year! This includes one year of access to all our plugins for MZ and MV!
All Plugins Lifetime Access
This membership gives you lifetime access to all our RPG Maker plugins and updates! This includes lifetime access to every RPG Maker plugin we create in the future, including future titles in the RPG Maker series!
Follower Control MV Download Links
All download links are included. It is recommended to select the most recent version, found at the top of the list, as it includes all previous updates, as well.
Follower Control v3.0 for RPG Maker MV
Aug. 24, 2021, by McKathlin
- Bug Fix: Fixed a major bug affecting loading and saving in some projects. Thanks to Edsephiroth for bringing this to our attention and helping us test, and big thanks to McKathlin for fixing it!
- Bug Fix: Ensured that move routes given to nonexistent followers are ignored.
Follower Control v2.2 for RPG Maker MV
Sept. 18, 2020, by Tyruswoo
- Bug Fix: Fixed a bug in which it was possible to select a absent follower if the current $gameParty.battleMembers.length was less than $gameParty.maxBattleMembers. For example, if the Max Party Members is 4, and the current party size is 2, it was possible to select followers 2 and 3, even though they do not exist. This was not usually noticeable, because such followers are invisible. However, using Show Balloon Icon or Show Animation could cause balloons or animations to appear at the location of an absent follower.
Follower Control v2.1 for RPG Maker MV
Apr. 19, 2020, by Tyruswoo
- New Feature: Added a plugin parameter to control the Max Party Members. This allows you to have more than the default of 4 party members shown in the party while the player traverses the map.
Follower Control v2.00 for RPG Maker MV
Jan. 24, 2020, by Tyruswoo
- New Feature: This update greatly improves the pathfinding. As previously, you can use this.path() to make a follower move to specific coordinates, to a specific event, or to a specific follower. However, now the pathfinding allows avoiding obstacles. Note that in order for the follower to recgonize obstacles, you must also use the Set Move Route command to set Through Off prior to the movement. Then, use the Set Move Route command to run a Script of the this.path function. Examples of smart pathfinding that avoids obstacles: this.path(17, 5) This finds the smart path to x coordinate 17, y coordinate 5. this.path(“event”, 3) This finds the smart path to Event 3 on the current map. this.path(“follower”, 2) This finds the smart path to Follower 2.
- New Feature: You also have control over the pathfinding distance! By default, RPG Maker MV allows pathfinding of up to 12 tiles, and this is what is used to pathfind when the player uses the mouse or touchscreen to move. But, with Follower Control, you can now change the pathfinding distance for any follower, including the leader of the group, so you can allow the player to pathfind even farther if you want! You can also use this to modify how smart enemies are at pathfinding! Use this script inside a Set Move Route command: this.pathMax(value) Where value is how many tiles/steps you want the character to be able to pathfind around obstacles. For example: this.pathMax(30) The above allows pathfinding around obstacles, even if it requires looking 30 tiles around to find the best path.
- Modified Feature: If you want to use the previous pathfinding, which did not take obstacles into account, you can use scripts such as the following: this.moveToward(x, y) Where x and y are integer map coordinates. this.moveToward(“event”, eventID) Where eventID is an event’s ID. this.moveToward(“follower”, followerID) Where followerID is a follower’s ID.e map.
Follower Control v1.11 for RPG Maker MV
Aug. 2, 2019, by Tyruswoo
- New Feature: There are now two ways to select a follower by their name. You can select a follower by their actor’s name, as listed in the database. By default, followers will be selected based on their actor’s name in the database. For example: “Follower Shompta” searches the followers, and if a follower’s actor has the name “Shompta” in the database, then that follower is selected.
- Modified Feature: You can, if so desired, still search for an actor based on their current name. The only reason to use this method is if you want special things to occur only when an actor has a special name that the player has entered in. For example, either of the following will select a follower who is currently named “SecretCode”. “Follower CurrentName SecretCode” or “Follower Current_Name SecretCode”. If a player has indeed renamed an actor to be named “SecretCode”, then the follower associated with that actor will be selected.
Follower Control v1.10 for RPG Maker MV
June 23, 2019, by Tyruswoo
- New Feature: Poses! A new plugin command was added, which allows switching the image of the currently selected follower, based on the currently selected follower’s default image.
Follower Control v1.09 for RPG Maker MV
Mar. 8, 2019, by Tyruswoo
- New Feature: Pathfinding! The this.path() script call was added which can be used within the Set Move Route command to make any follower (or any event!) pathfind to any coordinates on the map, to any of the current map’s events, or to any follower! (Note: Pathfinding does not yet account for intervening obstacles.)
- How to Use: First, select the desired character (follower or event) to move. Then, within the Set Move Route command, use one of these scripts: this.path(x, y) Where x and y are integer map coordinates. this.path(“event”, eventID) Where eventID is the event toward which to make the character move. this.path(“follower”, followerID) Where followerID is the follower toward which to make the character move.
Follower Control v1.08 for RPG Maker MV
Feb. 27, 2019, by Tyruswoo
- New Feature: Followers can be set to have unique qualities of the following, using Set Move Route: Opacity, Blend Mode, Walk Animation On/Off, Step Animation On/Off, Direction Fix On/Off, Transparency On/Off. For these qualities, followers will retain their individual qualities. However, if StopChase is Off, and one of these qualities is applied to the player, then the same quality will be applied to all followers, as well. (Therefore, if you want to apply any of the above qualities to only the leader, StopChase must be On.)
- Bug Fix: Followers will now retain their own Move Speed as long as StopChase is On, even if the followers are moving and the player is moving at the same time. (Note: If StopChase is turned back Off, followers will immediately be reset to the player’s Move Speed.)
Below are the latest blog posts for the Follower Control plugin for RPG Maker MV! See all blog posts for this plugin!
Hello RPG Makers! This update includes a couple of improvements. There was a bug that affected loading and saving in…
Hey RPG Makers! This update fixes a bug that could occur in follower selection under certain circumstances in the Follower…
Hey RPG Makers! This update makes it possible to increase the number of party members that are displayed! By default,…