Greetings RPG makers!
This update makes it possible for you to change the image of a follower, based on the follower’s default image. You don’t need to know which actor is present, or which image the actor has as their default image. You just need to know which pose you want the follower to use, and the pose’s image must exist in your character image files.
The TYR_FollowerControl.js plugin v1.10, for RPG Maker MV, is available for download as an attachment to this post.
How to install:
- Please be sure to save the file as a .js file!
- Be sure the file is named TYR_FollowerControl.js
- Then, place the file in your project’s “js” folder, in the “plugins” folder.
- Open your project, and go to the Plugin Manager to add the plugin.
Details of How to Use:
– A new plugin command was added, which allows switching the image of the currently selected follower, based on the currently selected follower’s default image.
– To use poses, you first need to create the appropriately named pose image files. Then, you can call those files for your follower at any time. The follower’s default image will be used to determine what their poses can be.
– You can create an infinite number of your own poses! To create a pose, you need to have the default image file for the character, and then create another image file of the same name but with an underscore added at the end and then the name of the pose (in lowercase letters).
For example, if our character’s default image is:
Then our pose image for a wink should be named:
Or, our pose image for that character’s wounded image should be:
And likewise for any other pose images for that character. You can have as many poses as you want! There is no maximum.
Important Note: The poses must all have the same index value as the default pose. In other words, the pose images must be the same size as the default image, with the pose at the same position within the image file.
– To make the character change to the desired pose, first select the follower. Then, select the pose from among the pose files you created for followers. The plugin command is:
Follower Pose pose
where pose is replaced with the name of the pose you want the follower to use, such as wink or wounded.
– For example, if we want to make a certain follower wink, we first select the follower. Then, make that follower change to a wink pose (note that the wink pose must exist!):
Follower Pose wink
Have the follower hold the pose for a moment or say something, etc, then return the follower to a default pose. There are several ways to do this, and all are equivalent:
- Follower Pose default
- Follower Pose normal
- Follower Pose none
- Follower Pose stand
- Follower Pose standing
All of the above plugin commands do the same thing of returning the follower to their default pose. (Note that you cannot create your own pose with any of these names for the default pose.)
I hope you enjoy! Remember, only you can build your dreams!
Your Adventuring Companion,