Follower Control causing lag?

Tyruswoo.com Forums RPG Maker MV Follower Control causing lag?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LaughterOfMan
    Participant

Hi there! First of all, thank you for the awesome plugins! I am using the follower plugin and I love it. I haven’t had any issues with it, but I did have a question. I suddenly began to experience a severe lag issue that I eventually sourced to a yanfly plugin: Map Quest Window…While disabling that plugin eliminated the lag, I started experiencing freezing after battles. Either way, during my investigations, I found this upon pressing F8:

“FollowerControl: Move Route commands now affect the party Leader”

This was writing over and over again. Is this by design or may it be contributing to my problem? Thanks in advance, and keep up the fantastic work.

Tyruswoo
    Keymaster

The message “FollowerControl: Move Route commands now affect the party Leader” occurs when the plugin command “Leader” (MZ Follower Control) or “Follower 0” (for MV Follower Control) is run.  It is okay to see the message multiple times, if you are intentionally running the plugin command; it should not cause any lag.  If it is running multiple times, it is because the plugin command is being used repeatedly.

I would first check for any events or common events with a Parallel Process trigger.  Parallel Process events are often culprits for causing lag, so it is best to avoid Parallel Process events as much as possible.

If you continue to have problems that may be caused by Follower Control, please send a small project file that reproduces the problem to support@tyruswoo.com

Let us know if you have any other questions!

LaughterOfMan
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply! I was unable to find any parallel processes that involved use of the plugin. Out of some serendipitous foresight, for a lack of other understanding, I backed up my game files this morning (which I have never done before). I was able to go back and disable the yanfly plugin and solve my problem. The message still displays repeatedly on the console, but it doesn’t seem to affect the gameplay, so I’m not terribly concerned at this point.  If I do run into further issues, I will do as you have said. Thanks again!

Tyruswoo
    Keymaster

Great, I’m glad the backup worked well!

(I agree that backing up files can be very helpful.  My team has been using Tortoise SVN to keep a version history of our project.  We also use assembla so that all of us have the complete version history accessible.)

If you encounter any problems, let us know!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.